Greetings and Happy New Year!
We have had a better than expected first couple weeks at home with baby George. Stephen and Laurie have spent 95% of their time ignoring him and the other 5% smothering him with kisses.
My cousin came for 3 days last week to help out. And she did just that - she truly helped. She cooked, cleaned, loaded and unloaded the dishwasher, washed - folded - and put away clothes, ran errands, played with children, organized baby clothes, freed me up to shower and nap, and hauled boxes of Christmas decor to my attic. She did so much and then some. Thank you, Bibba!
*And she made George's quilt you see in the first 2 pictures.
My mother in law took the older children for the day yesterday. My mom is coming next week. And Stephen has been SO helpful in bearing much of the load of housework and childcare. I'm grateful for my many helpers.
I'm still in the new born fog, taking things one day at a time. But I feel like I'm about to turn a corner as my energy comes back to me day by day. George is a dream. He's sleeping as well as any newborn can, he's eating like a champ, and he's going with the flow just like a third child should.
Cheers to 2013! My goal is to just do my best. No lofty resolutions for me this year.